We are working to update information about the new 1800 acre commercial development being proposed in the floodplain and the possibility that the Maryland Heights City Council will vote to use Tax money to build it. As some of you may already know, this follows a residential development of over 800 homes along River Valley Drive that was just approved last Fall (2015).
While we work to bring you more information on this website, please follow us and comment on Facebook, We are able to update and respond on there much quicker.
Things you can do to help:
- Contact your City Councilperson, tell them to VOTE NO! on tax financing for floodplain development.
- Write a letter to the editor of the Post Dispatch about Maryland Heights blanketing our floodplain in concrete and rooftops and using tax money to do it. Here are some tips on getting it published and where to send it.
- Contact your County & State Representatives, pressure them to change the TIF financing rules at the County & State Level.
- Comment on the articles you see online about these developments.
- If you have any connections to the press, please let them know this is an important story. This will affect our entire region and needs to stay in front of people.
- Donate through our GoFundMe page.
- Sign our new, updated petition.